Math Teacher-Charles Houston H.S.
The Teacher serves as the instructional leader in a specified subject area; plans and implements an educational program for an assigned group of students; plans and implements Best Practice instructional programs for individual students assigned to the classroom or group, in concert with mission, culture, and overall campus educational program; develops course syllabi and plans in compliance with state learning goals and standards that demonstrated relevance of subject content to life experience, to better engage students in the learning process; differentiates instruction, coursework and related projects to accommodate varied learning styles and skill levels; utilizes multiple models in the assessment and interpretation of student ability and progress; maintains Academic and classroom attendance records, writes reports and evaluates progress on activities related to the student’s educational program and progress; establishes and maintains communication with parents with relation to assigned students’ academic performance, psycho-social and/ or behavioral concerns; serves as an advisory team member for an assigned group of students, to include development of their A.E.P and periodic review; provides timely submission of grades as established by campus calendar; collaborates with campus team members in the development of student service or intervention plan; and; performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a Professional Educator’s license with Secondary endorsement
- Must have passed basic skills test and subject matter test
- Must maintain current Illinois certification with subject area endorsement
- Must demonstrate the experience, beliefs, attitude and awareness that indicate cultural sensitivity to the student population served
- Ability to partner with students individually, in family or in group, to help mobilize resources and inner capacity to address barriers to their success
- Knowledge of principles and practices of staff, school, and organizational development